Who is this Jackcabnory......

London Cab Driver, part-time Singer, micro/macro blogger, runner and primary school teacher in the making.....

Friday 30 January 2009

The list goes on and on.....

'ello, 'ello I'm back with more tales of the unexpected. It's been a good remainder of January, I've probably jinxed it now by saying that, reasonably consistent and not too many late ones required.

After my last famous collection of customers, I was surprised who I've picked up or seen on the mean streets in the last couple of weeks.....



Lisa Snowdon, she of modelling/dating George Clooney/Strictly fame. Picked her up from South Ken and took her home to Camden. Really nice, changed my opinion of her......
Gwen Taylor, she was in Duty Free a popular sitcom in mid-late 80's on ITV, also in A Bit of A Do with David Jason, and currently in Heartbeat. Took her from Kings Cross to West Hampstead. She was v nice, and as a lot of actors do, appreciated that I recognised her...


You might recognise him, but he is Rocco Forte owner at one time of Trusthouse Forte a hotel chain and now runs a chain of luxury hotels including Browns in Mayfair. Nice guy and me recognising him got me a nice big tip!
Now, I don't want you to think I've gone potty, this picture is put up for illustration of the story, I didn't really pick up Paddington Bear - No, that's ridiculous, where would he keep his change for a start.... No, I picked up his creator, Michael Bond, it was an account job from his house in Maida Vale, which ironically enough, is very close to Paddington station! pleasent gent, and his good lady wife...... click here to read more about how he got started..... in 1958!

The following, are some well known folk I've seen in the capital this week.....

Salman Rushdie - outside Paddington Stn (not looking for an author)








David Puttnam, film producer (Killing Fields/Chariots of Fire/Bugsy Malone), in Waterloo, with his shopping.....



Dennis Norden (Writer/Presenter) trying to hail a cab on Charlotte Street W1.







Well that's about all for now, enjoy your weekends!













































David Puttnam - film producer (Bugsy Malone/The Killing Fields/Chariots of Fire), in Waterloo with his shopping















































No comments: