Who is this Jackcabnory......

London Cab Driver, part-time Singer, micro/macro blogger, runner and primary school teacher in the making.....

Tuesday 9 March 2010

The Country Life?

So, another birthday has come and gone - 38 now, and apart from the middle age spread and the inability to deal with late nights and or consumption of alcohol, I feel pretty much the same as I did at 18 and 28......

I've navigated thru my first tax return as a self employed worker, it was the "nose bleed" that my accountants had warned, but is now done.

So, the stalwart cab trade champions continue to berate the authorities for their lack of action to get the "touts/clipboard jonnies" to disist from their activities, but frankly I have a more pressing issue on my mind, as the title of my blog eludes.

I have two young sons, 7&9 and have found the balance between work and family life is not in the right balance...

We used to live a bit further out of town up to the birth of no2, and then following some compilcations in his early months and couple with an awful commute we (I) decided that we needed to be nearer work and family support. Now we are close to secondary education for the eldest, we need to either stick or twist, and twist is beig investigated now. The idea being we can hopefully reduce our mortgage and get a bit of cleaner living into the bargain...

We saw some great places at the weekend and some lovely locations - sadly the great homes were NOT in the lovely locations!! So the search continues, the property game has changed a little bit, upfront costs for HIP (home information pack for anyone not sure, or non-UK reader).

The hope is that we can do this move by the late summer.... Stay tuned, will post updates

No comments: