Who is this Jackcabnory......

London Cab Driver, part-time Singer, micro/macro blogger, runner and primary school teacher in the making.....

Saturday 13 September 2008

It's September Baby.....

..... and finally this week, folk seem to have returned from their summer (he say's tongue in cheek, as August was "the wettest since 1912"....) breaks, and pickings are nearly consistent!

My Black Cab Sessioning carries on, I had a shout to do one on Tuesday, with a band called Lambchop, must confess had no prior knowledge of them, but it was a nice mellow end to the day as Kurt of said band did a cover of a Dylan song, can't tell you which one..... look out for it on their site in due course....

Here follows some musings/sightings from the last few weeks
Cabby etiquette - now here's a funny unknown by most fact, if I were to be travelling along one of London's many byways looking for that friendly hand gesture thus securing a fare, it is common practice that another cabby would not willingly pull out in front of me from a side road. Should I let him out then it is also common practice that he wouldn't nab the fare that would rightly be mine. So I do indeed let a fellow cabby out onto Fenchurch St one morning, and sure enough, no sooner had I let him in front of me, a hand shoots up! but fair play, the guy gestures to the punter that I am behind him. I stop and pick the guy up and he says "I don't know what the other guys problem was?!" I then explain aforementioned practice, to which he replies "It's nice to see that sort of thing still happens" - and he would be right!

This is a random fact I know, but I was pretty impressed at the ingenious thought behind this particular car design - not something I'm prone to taking much stock of..... I saw a car similar to the one below on the Kings Rd this week - get a load of the way round no side mirrors - just strap it on the spare tyre!



Finally, celeb spots, no fares for me personally but a good friend of mine (who shall remain nameless for tax purposes) had the following this last couple of weeks......


Alex Turner of T'Arctic Monkeys











Ricky Wilson aka Chief Kaiser, from Gt Marlborough St to Kings Cross

Lastly, my own top sighting on the corner of Gt Marlborough and Regent St Jimmy Page from the Zeppelin that is Led......








That's all for now, cheerio!

No comments: